Executive leadership, conference and events planning. Nils Borg has led eceee as Executive Director since 2001, and Borg & Co has organised over 20 major conferences and events to promote advancement of energy efficiency in Europe and globally. Reference projects include:
- eceee General Manager and Secretariat, eceee Summer Study conferences, IEA 4E Solid State Lighting Annex, Super Efficiency Equipment and Deployment Awards
Laws and directives. We are involved in the implementation of the Energy Services Directive and the Ecodesign Directive, assisting agencies and organizations with policy-related investigations, proposals, communications and expertise. Reference projects include:
Communications and dissemination. With our graphic design and website development partners, we plan and implement communication and dissemination strategies/platforms. Reference projects include:
- TrustEE, Behavioral Response to Investment Risks in Energy Efficiency (BRISKEE), United Nations En.lighten, Energy saving tips (IKEA, WWF)
Lighting. We organize international conferences, training and provide expertise on energy-efficient lighting policies and quality products. Reference projects include:
- International Energy Agency 4E Solid State Lighting Annex, SEAD Awards, Lighting (Swedish Energy Agency), Efficient Lighting Initiative, International Energy Efficient Lighting
International networks. We administer the Secretariat and production of conferences for The European Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (eceee), and manage the work of nine member countries through the IEA 4E Solid State Lighting Annex. Our widespread, international network includes:
- eceee, International Energy Agency (IEA) 4E Solid State Lighting Annex, IEA Demand Side Management Program, EEF (Swedish business network), ACEEE and CEE (North American energy efficiency stakeholders and program administrators).
Procurement. We assess opportunities for efficiency improvement (e.g., lighting), develop technology specifications, and conduct training in public procurement. Our work also supports technology (sometimes termed innovation) procurement, defined as stimulating development of new products/services that are not currently available in the market. We formulate design competitions, innovative specifications, and coordinate and lead such projects. Reference projects include:
- Outdoor network lighting controls (bicycle and walk-ways), Strategy for public procurement, Swedish Instrument for Ecologically Sustainable Procurement, Public procurement training, Double-paned windows technical procurement, Public Procurement of EE Technologies (PROST)
Export services to USA/Canada. Our experience working with US and Canadian energy efficiency programme administrators (utilities, public energy agencies) and knowledge of market conditions positions us to support Swedish companies who wish to expand export opportunities in North America.